I was thinking today how much my TV habits have changed in the last few years. The strike put a big dent in my viewing the networks abc, cbs and nbc.
I am watching a lot of the cable stations now and find that I am having a good time. USA has some great shows except they let The Dead Zone and The 4400 go. I always feel bad when show I really enjoy leave. I truely think the least the networks could do for their faithful viewers is to whind down the shows before they get canceled. Not such for those two shows or Moonlight. Oh, there have been other shows just as wonderful as those above mentioned who never got their endings. It's a shame for us because we've invested our time and for some reason the only thing we get is higher cable bills. We learn to care about our "great movie/tv stars" and what do we get? Outragous prices to see their movies, buy their dvd's and cd's, clothes, perfumes, etc. Why? It keeps getting worse. I guess we don't realize some of the dumb things we do till the economy takes a dump. I still remember how it was when I was young. I went to the movies most Saturdays and Sundays. My parents gave me 50 cents to get into the show and buy stuff. (25 cent admission, candy .05, soda .10, popcorn .10) That would have been 1955. I was 10. On Saturdays it was for kids and we had fun. It was from 12 Noon to 6 PM. They showed 31 cartoons, 3 full features, had a intermission for a hour and we played games and won prizes. Also you got raffle tickets for coming to the show, buying your treats etc. and at the intermission they would call out 10 or 20 raffle numbers. It was fun. It was somewhere the kids could go and parents could get a break.When stars weren't demanding zillions of dollars, directors, producers, etc. all fall behind the actors until the line trickles down to us... just my thought for the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment